background

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

In the beginning....

Nothing makes you feel old like technology...can I get an AMEN?!?!  I look at my little blog and try not to be embarrassed, we all have to start somewhere right?  So, I ask for your grace and patience in advance as I stumble my way through trying to figure out this whole blog thing.  I also would welcome any tips, tricks, & feedback. 

I would not consider myself "technology challenged", but I seem to have reached that age when my kids are already teaching me shortcuts and tricks on all the devices in our home.  My 7 year old daughter is constantly wanting to ensure that my phone and all of my "apps" are current, and that I do not have any updates to load.  And my 11 year old son is just one of those gifted people that "gets it" and he's constantly showing me how to navigate my way around our laptop & ipads.  Speaking of the laptop, just this past weekend I had to sit through "personal training" for Windows 8.  Seriously...an hour of "training" for some 19 year old kid to tell me how to use our new computer.  Granted I probably brought it on myself for texting my husband about how much I hated said computer every time I have logged on for the past 4 months.  Or, maybe it was the long grunts, sighs, and stomping fits that would ensue if he happened to be in the vicinity while I was trying to accomplish something on it.  Obviously I'm too old to keep up with technology, but not too old to throw a good ol' fashioned temper tantrum.  Regardless, my sweet husband is such a peace-maker, and bless his soul, extremely patient with me.  He scheduled this session after I called him, on Valentine's day no less, to vent again about how much of a waste of money I thought this machine was.  Thankfully now I am a little more "tech-savy", less stressed, and much more pleasant to be around when on the laptop. 

So, this is the beginning...a starting point.  Hopefully no where to go but up right??  I have a full day today, but I am literally giddy thinking about coming home this afternoon and whipping up my absolute favorite recipe so that I can post it soon with pictures.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment